flowor native app
I think there are use cases for native apps. Of course I do, I have a few on my phone that I use regularly. Today I saw a Flowchart Guide to HTML5 or Native which seemed unnecessarily complex to me. So I decided to create my own, simplified version. What do you think? Too simple? Not complete? Incorrect? Or useful in most cases?
- Do you have a responsive web site?
- No: Create one first, then come back
- Yes: Go to two
- Is there a feature people will use regularly
- Do you have the funds needed for an excellent native app?
- No: Get the funds
- Yes: Go on, create it.
- Is there an API you need to access that is inaccessible from the web (like the address book in some phones)?
- Yes: Go to four
- No: Stick to a website.
- Do you have only one platform to support?
- Yes. How about in two years time?
- No. Exactly. That’s why there’s no link to this step.
- But user experience is important!
- Yes: UX has nothing to do with the web or native. Hire better designers and better developers.
- No: There’s no link to this step since it makes no sense.